Wednesday – 23rd May,
Charters Towers Combined Agents yarded a total of 1597 hd. Cattle consisting of 928 Prime Cattle and 669 Store Cattle. The Prime Cattle consisted of 431 Bullocks, 108 Heifers, 340 Cows and 49 Bulls. Store Cattle consisted of 506 Steers, 127 Heifers and 36 Cows & Calves.
The 928 Prime Cattle
Comprised of both good lines of Prime Bullocks & finished Meatworks Cows that met with solid competition. The yarding was drawn from Clermont, Gumlu, Ayr, Millaroo, Croydon, Burketown, Einasleigh, Richmond, Hughenden, local & coastal areas. Prime Quotes: Lighter Bullocks were quoted 1-2¢ dearer. Heavy Bullocks were quoted 1-3¢ easier. Heifers were 10-20¢ dearer, Heavy Cows were 1-3¢ easier and Bulls were unchanged on last week’s rates.
• Bullocks topped at 254.2¢/kg for 13 Bullocks sold on a/c LIJA Investments, “Wade Station”, Greenvale that weighed 575.4kg to return $1462 per head.
• Best priced Trade Heifers were presented on a/c AJ & MA Spurdle, “Lynden Hills”, Mingela for 6 Heifers which sold for 230.2¢/kg to weigh 565kg and return $1300 per head.
• The top pen of 8 Cows were sold by Alexander & Lyon, Black River that weighed 547kg to return $1200 per head.
• Bulls sold on a/c LD Knuth & Co Trust, “St Paul’s”, Charters Towers topped at 279.2¢/kg and weighed 748kg to return $2087 per head.
Store Cattle consisted of some good lines of Steers with some good pens of Heifers. Cattle sold to a larger gallery of Buyers this week with prices improving slightly.
• 80 x No. 8 Steers a/c Claraville Station Pty Ltd, “Claraville Station”, Croydon topped at $3.00/kg to an average weight of 235kg and averaged 281¢/kg to return $662 per head.
• A good pen of Heifers a/c MC Vicary,”Somerset”, Charters Towers made 220.2¢/kg, weighed 238kg returning an average of $523 per head.
• 2 Cows & Calves sold on a/c G Garland; Charters Towers returned $1240 per unit.
- Category: Cattle Market Reports